Family Researchers and the
JDC Names Index
The JDC Names Index is an indispensable resource tool for genealogists, personal historians, and scholarly researchers alike. Here you can search for relatives, friends, ancestors; anyone worldwide who has received JDC aid, financial or otherwise. Currently indexed material includes lists of people helped from 1914 to 1973. While this is a substantial sampling of names on lists in our records, it is by no means our entire collection. In the future, additional lists will be included.
Sample lists include:
- Remittance files: cash assistance and parcels from relatives in the West to their needy relatives overseas, from 1915 onwards. Names, addresses and dates are generally included.
- Prisoners of War in Siberia, 1921
- JDC Emigration Service and Barcelona case cards in World War II era
- Aid Administered to Shanghai Rabbinical Students, 1947
- Migration to Latin America, 1948
We invite you to peruse our records and explore our archival treasures, just waiting to be discovered! Nearly 600,000 names are currently available to be searched. You can search by many criteria, including name, location and date. You will have the opportunity to see the original document and a brief description about the historical record.